BRAINTREE TOWN were left frustrated after their National League South game at Hampton and Richmond was abandoned due to floodlight failure.

The Iron were leading 1-0 thanks to Khale Da Costa's first-half effort and went in at the break ahead.

Loanee Da Costa netted after turning inside the box and curling the ball into the corner of the net.

But a few minutes after the break, the game was halted in the second half after the floodlights failed.

And despite attempts to get them back on, the game was eventually abandoned.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT'S woes continued when they were thrashed 6-0 at home by Horsham.

The R's, who parted company with boss Tom Austin in the week, were well beaten in their latest Pitching In Isthmian League Premier match.

Regent have managed just one win in their last 11 games and have conceded 41 goals, in that time.

MALDON AND TIPTREE relinquished a three-goal lead to draw 3-3 with Dereham Town

Frankie Terry, Bryan Ifeanyi and Bradley McClenaghan had put the Jammers into a commanding lead but the hosts came back strongly to claim a point, in the division north match.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS suffered a heavy 5-0 home defeat at the hands of AFC Sudbury, at the Aspen Waite Arena.

The visitors were 4-0 up at the break and although Steve Tilson's side improved after the break, they were well beaten.

In Thurlow Nunn League first division south, HALSTEAD TOWN lie second following a 4-1 triumph over HARWICH AND PARKESTON in front of a crowd of more than 300 at the Milbank Stadium.

Jordan Blackwell, Adam Hampson, Callum Tracey and Jake Brown scored the Humbugs' goals, with Jamie Eades grabbing the Shrimpers' consolation.

WIVENHOE TOWN claimed a 1-0 victory over Wormley Rovers, at the MEC Stadium.

Karl Swanborough scored the Dragons' winner in a tense end to the game where the hosts squandered plenty of chances to extend their lead.

HOLLAND FC ran out 2-1 winners at Cornard United.

In the Essex Senior League, FC CLACTON were 1-0 winners over Sporting Bengal United at the Austin Arena.

Jordan Lartey scored the Seasiders' all-important winner.

LITTLE OAKLEY played out a 1-1 draw at Athletic Newham while STANWAY ROVERS won 2-0 at Stansted.