BRAINTREE TOWN moved up to sixth spot in National League South thanks to an impressive 2-1 win at Eastbourne Borough.

Baris Altintop scored Iron's winner early in the second half, after Kyran Clements' eighth-minute strike had quickly been cancelled out by the hosts.

Writing on social media, manager Angelo Harrop said: 'Really pleased with the 3 points today @braintreetownfc against a very good side in @EBFCTheSports, one of the best sides we have played this season.

'First half we were lucky to go in level but second half we were excellent.'

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT drew 1-1 at Bowers and Pitsea in the Pitching In Isthmian League Premier, with Jermaine Anderson's first goal of the season cancelling out the hosts' opener.

Brightlingsea boss Brett Munyard wrote on social media: 'It’s been a chaotic week or so for everyone involved, Proud of the team for chipping away until the very end today! Point was the very last we deserved'.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS are third in division north, after a resounding 5-1 victory over Tilbury.

Darren Phillips (2), Kieran Jones, Rhys Henry and Rob Harvey were all on target for Steve Tilson's men.

MALDON AND TIPTREE claimed their first point of the season after drawing 0-0 at neighbours Coggeshall Town.

But WITHAM TOWN lost 5-3 at Brentwood Town, after relinquishing a 3-1 lead.

Abdul Rasheed netted a hat-trick but all proved in vain, as the hosts launched a big comeback.

LITTLE OAKLEY have reached the FA Vase second round for the first time in their history.

Goals from Greg Rodger and Harry Mann helped them to a 2-1 victory over Godmanchester Rovers.

Writing on social media, Acorns boss Matt Carmichael said: 'Another huge day for the club today , this group of players deserve all the credit for taking @LittleOakleyFC the furthest they have ever been in the @IsuzuFAVase.'

FC CLACTON claimed a fifth successive win thanks to a 1-0 win over STANWAY ROVERS.

Jake Clowsley's 50th goal for the club was enough to seal victory for Tom Austin's side.

HALSTEAD TOWN lost 2-0 at Athletic Newham.

In Thurlow Nunn League first division south, WIVENHOE TOWN lost 4-0 at Tower Hamlets.

The Dragons were reduced to ten in the second half when Masiah Bean Brown was sent off.

STANWAY PEGASUS drew 2-2 at NW London.

In division north, HARWICH AND PARKESTON beat Debenham LC 3-1.

Joe Knight scored twice and Luke Mayhew was also on target.

HOLLAND FC drew 2-2 at Huntingdon Town.