doc

A woman who ‘died’ in hospital after an accidental overdose has warned of the dangers posed by painkillers.

Stephanie Doyle, 28, was rushed from her home in Castle Hedingham by her partner Shane Walker, 36, after mistakenly taking the wrong medication.

The condition of former Ramsey pupil, who suffers from fibromyalgia and other long-term health conditions, deteriorated so quickly they were met en route to Broomfield Hospital by an ambulance.

After arriving at the hospital in Chelmsford, Ms Doyle, who grew up in Colne Road, Halstead, was revived, put in intensive care and placed in a medically induced coma before eventually pulling through.

She said: “If I’d be on my own I wouldn’t be here right now. It’s lucky I was with somebody.”

See the Gazette for the full story