Toilet firebugs ‘could have put lives at risk’

Halstead Gazette: Toilet firebugs ‘could have put lives at risk’ Toilet firebugs ‘could have put lives at risk’

Mindless arsonists have been accused of putting lives at risk after starting a fire inside a public toilet cubicle.

Fortunately, the blaze at the toilet block in Kings Road, Halstead, did not spread and the majority of the building was undamaged.

However, the fire caused about £600 damage to one of the two unisex cubicles and has had to be closed to the public.

Deputy mayor Jackie Pell said: “Whoever has done it, whether they be child or adult, it’s very irresponsible.

“They could have put lives at risk for a start. It’s right besides an electrical sub station and you’ve got the petrol station across the road as well.

“It could easily have got out of hand and been really serious.”

See the Gazette for the full story

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree