Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting HG to 80360, or email us Click here for more details »
A fire broke out in the ground floor toilet at The Bell in Castle Hedingham.
9:19am Sunday 22nd December 2013 in News
Fire crews tackled a blaze in a pub toilet early this morning.
Crews from Sible Hedingham and Halstead were called to The Bell in Castle Hedingham at 5.23am after a fire broke out in the ground floor toilet.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish the fire by 6.03am.
The ground floor of the pub was heavily smoke logged and crews used a high pressure fan to ventilate the area free of smoke.
A thermal image camera was then used to check for any remaining hotspots.
The fire is believed to have started accidently by an electrical fault.
Landlady Penny Doe said the pub was open for business as usual today.
Comments are closed on this article.