A family have warned others against using drugs after the death of a teenager. 

Bradley Cockel, 19, of Braintree, died in the early hours of Saturday at Bramble Court in Bramble Road, Witham. 

Along with an 18-year-old and 21-year-old it is believed they might have taken the drug 2CE, which is part of the LSD family. 

Police fear there may be a "crudely produced" batch of the drugs available on the streets and are warning anyone who may have it in their possession not to take it. 

Bradley's parents said: "Bradley was a loving and beautiful son and brother.

"He was an important part of our close family.

"Even at 19 years of age he wanted to be with and part of the family and worked hard in the family business.

"We enjoyed holidays together and he was a sensible young man who had the brightest of futures in front of him.

"Please let this serve as a lesson to anyone who thinks that it is safe to experiment with drugs because if anyone could see or feel the pain that our family is suffering, and will continue to suffer, then they would realise that it is a risk that is not worth taking.

"We ask that our privacy is respected at this devastating time and we be allowed to grieve in private.”